Thursday, July 25, 2024

A Magic Slider Card Using Simon Says Stamp's Just Write!

 



Well, there's not much harder than taking a photo of a magic slider card, except maybe take a photo of shine. The card above isn't a slider card, it's a regular card. I stamped the pencil stamp on a piece of Distress Heavystock paper, heat embossed it and then sprayed Distress Spray Stains on the paper. I spritzed it with water and they blended together. After it was dry, I used a black alcohol ink marker and colored the negative space in so the pencils would stand out.

If you want a tutorial of how I made the slider card, I'll leave it to the experts. https://youtu.be/tGlEE1xpvmw?si=UIZSHDA6triKYiLM for Jennifer McGuire's video, which I followed.

I received the SSS "Just Write" stamp set from their new release called, "Cheering for You". You can see the entire release HERE.

I stamped the "Just Write" stamp onto acetate cut to fit the stamp. I used Stazon Ink on the acetate rather than heat embossing the image like Jennifer did, because it's so much easier to do. I have a very thick heat resistant acetate from Simon Says Stamp but I wanted this card to be a bit easier to put together. Trying to get the embossing powder off the acetate takes longer than I care to do. I did heat emboss the paper underneath.

I thought it'd be fun to use yellow paper to mimic #2 pencils. Underneath is the colored panel which is Distress Spray Stains in yellow, blue and fuchsia. When sprayed together, it makes a nice blend.

I followed Jennifer McGuire's instructions on how to make the slider card, so I'm not going to go over that part but I have a quick video below that shows how I made it. Keep in mind you can make your card any size you want, with any image you want. Just cut a frame with a cutout the size of the image you want to show. The border around the frame is 1/2" so the cardstock strips under the frame are cut just a smidge less than 1/2" to hide them under the frame.









VIDEO 






SUPPLIES:



----  http://shrsl.com/4mc3b  [Simon Says Stamp]


----  http://shrsl.com/4mc3g  [Simon Says Stamp]


----  http://shrsl.com/4mc3l  [Simon Says Stamp]

I used Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Peaccock Feathers
----  http://shrsl.com/4mc3r  [Simon Says Stamp]

That's it, thank you to those who have used my links. It helps me know if my tutorials are helpful or not.















2 comments:

  1. GREAT CARD, ENJOYED THEM on SSS's video yesterday. I also enjoy Jennifer McGuire's videos= she's the G.O.A.T. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idk why it says anonymous. My name is Alicia Key

      Delete