Saturday, August 1, 2026

Make a Simple Journal Clip!


Today I used some diesets from the Spellbinders Turn the Page Collection by Edith Glas. You can see the entire gorgeous collection by clicking HERE or HERE.

There is an amazing GWP (spend $75 on this collection at Spellbinders and receive the Keepsake Clip Dieset for free, other stores have other offers). If you're interested in it, I'd hurry, with all GWPs they tend to sell out quickly. Scrapbookcom has a bundle with the clip included, see it HERE.

I've seen so many of these clips, it's a strip of paper, folded. A paper clip is placed on the fold to keep it strip closed. Another folded, smaller strip of paper is glued over the top of this to hide the paper clip. You can then decorate it any way you wish.

The long piece of (brown) paper is 6.5 inches long by 3.25 inches wide. The smaller (patterned) piece is 5.5 inches long by 2.75 inches wide. I should have cut the smaller piece a bit longer to make it come down more. As you can see you can cut these papers any size you want! I used a large paper clip but any size works, the larger size is good for journals. It would be cute as a small bookmark too, using a smaller paper clip and smaller paper. One tip: Using a patterned paper on top camouflages the paper clip better as it is a bit chunky. Even when I look closely at my clip I can't see the outline of the paper clip.

I used the GWP, the Keepsake Clip to make it look like a clipboard but know you can decorate this clip in any way you desire. I diecut the clip from heavy black mixed media paper. I grunged up the clip with paint and Texture Paste. Here is my YouTube video:


You can make the clip as small or as large as you wish. The brown folded paper is  3.25" x 3.25". The clip board clip stands up another 1 inch over the top, so the finished clip is about 4.25" x 3.25". It's a very chunky clip on my Paper Source journal, which is about 8.5" x 7".



Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them (where they were in stock at the time of this writing). If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This really helps me continue providing information. Thank you!

See the entire Turn the Page Collection:

----  https://tinyurl.com/7ubj2t27  [Spellbinders]
----  https://tidd.ly/3TmDuG7  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4xe1Lg2  [Simon Says Stamp]

----  https://tinyurl.com/bdz2fvdw  [Spellbinders]
----  https://tidd.ly/4w1O3fd  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4fJ4aYR  [Simon Says Stamp]

While Supplies Last!

----  https://tidd.ly/4vW3w0t  [Scrapbookcom has it in a bundle]

----  https://tinyurl.com/7ubj2t27  Spellbinders has it with a $75 collection purchase, after you put them in your cart you'll see it on the cart page if it's available!]



----  https://tidd.ly/4ecDoZS  [Scrapbookcom]




----  https://tidd.ly/4g5MtUQ  [Simon Says Stamp]
----  https://tidd.ly/451otvN  [Scrapbookcom]


----  https://tidd.ly/4pWsNX2  [Simon Says Stamp] single crayon
----  https://tidd.ly/3RIn6iE  [Scrapbookcom] ONLY IN A SET

----  https://tidd.ly/4f6f2Qc  [Scrapbookcom]


----  https://tidd.ly/4ioAnWh  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tinyurl.com/2eebtac6  [Spellbinders]

----  https://tidd.ly/4tifzEN  [Scrapbookcom]


Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:




Thank you for visiting! I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards




 


No comments:

Post a Comment