
The August Club Kits are out now and they are full of fun Halloween images! I already shared one of the Bonus All Club Crate diesets on a card the other day, you can see it by clicking HERE and the Stitching Die of the Month, you can see that HERE.
Today I used the Small Die of the Month and the 3D Embossing Folder of the Month. There are a few more pieces from the Small Dieset that I didn't use, I'm always surprised at how much is included in the "Small" set, especially for the low club price of $17.50! If you buy it outside of the club in the future, I think the price goes up almost $10 to $27. It's so worth it to join the club, buy the kit and decide later if you'd like to cancel future kits.
The 3D Embossing Folder has 2 patterns on it, the spider web I used for my card and the other half which looks like stitching (think mummy). Both make a great background. The 1/2 pattern fits a piece of A2 sized cardstock (4.25"x5.5"). So it really is like getting a 2 for 1.
I used navy cardstock for my background, embossed it and then using Silver Luster Wax, I lightly applied it to the raised areas with my finger. It only takes a small amount to cover the card. I love the way it looks. Luster Wax comes in a bunch of colors, I linked it below in my supply list.
Click on this video to see the wobbly lab vials. LOL, I bought a bunch of wobblers so I'll be putting them on a ton of cards.
For the lab vials, I cut the "liquid" from some alcohol inked Yupo paper scraps I had. I love using alcohol inked paper for drink diecuts too. You could also used patterned paper or inked cardstock that resembles marble/tiedye.
I used silver metallic glitter cardstock for the bats and layered them over the same diecuts but cut from black cardstock for a shadow effect. The candles were diecut but I didn't use the layering dies for faces or flames. I just used markers and colored in the flames, and drew in the melting wax with a beige marker and Antique Linen Distress ink.
That's it for today! More Halloween to come!
You can learn more about the Spellbinders Clubs and the benefits of membership by clicking HERE.
Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it really helps and encourages me to continue providing creative content.
Small Die of the Month
3D Embossing Folder
Luster Wax
Here's the August All-Clubs Crate Bonus Items, the cat dieset, a monster face dieset and a fun pack of colored cardstock:
Here's all the Club Kits for August:
Large Die
Press + Foil Plate (includes foil)
Embossing Folder of the Month
Stitching Die
Stencil of the Month
Clear Stamp of the Month
Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:
Thank you for visiting!
I can also be found on
No comments:
Post a Comment