I recently purchased the Birch Press Design's Block Print Kitty. I usually am attracted to dog dies, I'm a dog person but there was something I liked about this cat as a stand alone image.
I took a regular about 3 3/8" circle die and cut a piece of inked paper I had. I have a bottle of Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain that is down to the last few drops, so I've been just pouring it out of the bottle and trying to use it up. Luckily it's Halloween season!
I love the way the yellow looks, I added a few drops of Jack-O-Lantern to give it some color variation. If you use a craft mat rather than a glass mat, the colors pool to allow droplets. That's how you get those fun drops and drips. Drying in between layers is a must to keep that variation.
The cat die is pretty straight forward. I cut all the pieces from white and then colored the patches with Distress ink in Rusty Hinge and Black Soot with a small detail brush. There's 2 tails included in the set, the one I used plus one that curls around the feet of the cat. I cut the eyes from a scrap of lime cardstock and put a small black dot in the center with a pen. I then placed the eyes in the negative space.
This cat would also look great all in black!
The background was sitting on my desk. It was last month's Spellbinders embossing folder of the month. It's not yet available for individual purchase but will be soon. I'll come back and link it when it is.
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it lets these companies know you find my content useful so I can continue receiving product to use and share.