Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Tim Holtz Vault Laboratory Scene

 


My card today is made from some old and new Tim Holtz Sizzix products. I just got the Tim Holtz Vault Laboratory. It has an embossing folder that fits in the Sidekick machine but I didn't use it. I just love the shelf with the spooky decorations on it. I cut the bottles and spider web from a scrap of holographic cardstock. I love the sparkle and shine it gives off.

The books are cut from inked paper I had on hand. Actually, the cardstock was kind of muddy looking but perfect for these books. You can see the potions inside of the bottles are inked cardstock too. I love saving scraps to use for details like this.

The moon is an old die, Moonlight, #666386. It's discontinued but you may be able to still find it. There's also a new Vault one, the moon is smaller, it's called Moonlight Scare. I inked up some watercolor mixed media cardstock. I 've made a few cards recently with yellow on it, trying to use up the final drops of Distress Mica Stain in Flickering Candlestick. A little goes a long way and I've been able to make quite a few backgrounds from it!

I had one small space left on the shelf so I added a crow. It's also from an old set called Regions Beyond. Another discontinued set, unfortunately.

The background panel is from a paper pad. It has a inked look to it in greys. I just added some ink blending to the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.

Tip for today: Mix old with new. Always have some already inked paper on hand.

Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it lets these companies know you find my content useful so I can continue receiving product to use and share.

 Supplies:


----  https://tidd.ly/4AjKOTV  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/3Vdfnua  [Simon Says Stamp]

This is the same moon, but smaller, not the one I used


----  https://tidd.ly/4rRFset  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4hM29fF  [Sizzix]
----  https://tidd.ly/4zjRgZM  [Simon Says Stamp]


----  https://tidd.ly/4o0mfUA  [Scrapbookcom]

----  https://tidd.ly/4gPJpwC  [Simon Says Stamp]

----  https://tidd.ly/3SL7awJ  [Simon Says Stamp]


----  http://shrsl.com/4ony5  [Scrapbookcom]



Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:

My link to Scrapbookcom will take you to the coupon/freebies page:




Thank you for visiting!

I can also be found on

Instagram @Susanbcards


No comments:

Post a Comment