Friday, October 11, 2019

Halloween Lantern

The Tim Holtz/Sizzix Birch Tree die can be used so many different ways, here, in black for a Halloween lantern, I've used it in kraft cardstock  with multi background for Thanksgiving cards and in white for a more traditional Christmas card. The lantern is 2 pieces of  8.5 x 11" cardstock plus 4 pieces of black cardstock for your die cut. I used Darice Premium translucent vellum, 1 sheet of
8.5 x 11", cut into 4 pieces (4.25 x 5.5") each. For the alcohol ink I used Ranger Pearl Alcohol ink in Splendor which is orange, and a little yellow. I got the idea for coloring the vellum from a Lawn Fawn Youtube video for making a Halloween Lantern. My lantern is different because I had to alter the size to fit my die and I wanted a sloped top.
The rectangle has to be SMALLER than the tree die so it can hold the tree diecut in. I cut out the rectangle, the only way I could fit it in the BigShot was to fold it in 1/2, which cut 2 sides at once.


Here's what it looked like after cutting. I then glued on the back the tree diecut, and then the vellum behind the trees.
Use a felt blotting tool and add dots of ink

Dab and smear the ink. Add more after dry to give a layered look.


Here's the final result. The one on the left is curled because I tried adding blending solution, I didn't like that one as much.



No comments:

Post a Comment