Monday, October 21, 2019

Rustic Holiday Cards

I saw a beautiful card on Stickydots.blogspot.com and made my versions of this card. I used a piece of kraft cardstock and the Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3D wood embossing folder, before running this though the Big Shot, I lightly ran a brown ink pad over the folder's raised areas so it would push the ink into the paper and look more like wood grain . I sprayed some Distress Spray stain over the panel to darken a few areas, and splattered watercolor paint in white and brown randomly. I used concentric circles to make a wreath, then applied crackle texture paste, after it dried I used my finger and applied some brown distress ink over the crackle to look like birch wood. I pressed the brown pad into the frame to add some depth. I die cut and glued snowflakes to the panel, using the wreath as a guide to be sure they would all fit. I cut a piece of vellum to fit the wreath. I die cut the flowers and leaves, added some Liquid Pearls and clear Stickle. I added some grommets in the corners. I think adding several mat layers really adds something to the cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment