Friday, September 11, 2026

Sizzix Nouveau Butterfly Embossing Folder


It's the 25th anniversary of September 11. I vividly remember the shock of that day and have been a bit sad thinking about it this week.

I guess when I started working on this card a bit of that sadness came out. After I was done, I thought it looked like a condolences card. I think it's true that art is a form of therapy. It really helps.

I know there are going to be people who are interested in how I made this card, so here is what I did. I took the Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder and embossed a piece of shiny gold cardstock. The Nouveau Butterfly is from the new Willow Wolfe collection. It's quite beautiful and you can see it by clicking HERE.

To dull the shiny gold cardstock and give it a vintage look, I took a small amount of black acrylic paint and with a SLIGHTLY damp paper towel, I rub it over the entire embossed panel. It goes into all the recessed crevices and I remove it from the raised areas. It truly takes a small amount of paint, as most is removed.

For the butterfly diecut, I used the Sizzix Impresslit called Floral Butterfly, it's an older Impresslit die. It cuts and embosses in one pass. I used black cardstock, ran it through and then took some of the Sizzix Luster Wax and with my finger lightly applied it to the raised areas. A light touch with a very small amount is key, as once applied there's no removing it.

That's it for today, thank you for visiting.

Supplies are listed below.


----  https://tidd.ly/4xTyuIm  [Sizzix]
----  https://tidd.ly/4r6ZL7i  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4dx0GZb  [Simon Says Stamp]

----  https://tidd.ly/4cFc1WQ  [Sizzix] (only still available here)



I used gold Luster Wax but other colors are available
----  https://tidd.ly/3ULCsUQ  [Sizzix]
----  https://tidd.ly/3RVJAga  [Scrapbookcom] 
----  https://tidd.ly/3V8LyLg  [Simon Says Stamp]


Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:




Thank you for visiting!
I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards



 


No comments:

Post a Comment