Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Tim Holtz FB Live Demo Tag


I watched so many of the Tim Holtz FB Live demos I can’t remember which one had this technique. It was near the end of one, I think, He showed how to take Distress Inks to stamp with and using a blending tool he’d blend the wet ink immediately after stamping each image.

I used the Stampers Anonymous set called “The Journey” I used the sentiments in the set quite a bit but not the images. I have a hard time stamping partial images but I followed along and liked it. The Distress ink colors I used were: Blueprint Sketch, Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Fired Brick, Ground Espresso. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I blended a bit of Distress Seedless Preserveson top of the car and some Ground Espresso over the sentiment and the edges. I used a blending tool to lightly coat the entire tag with Distress Glaze and used a towel to remove excess.

I took the small gear and put a bit of Finnabair Patina Effect Paste on it to make it look aged.

Next I made the background.

Another technique from the Demo is to spray Distress Spray Stain here in Antique Linen on  glass, use a brayer to apply it onto a misted piece of watercolor paper. The effect is uneven and so pretty!

I lightly ran the brayer over the paper a few times and then dried it a bit. I took the numbers stamp from the Stampers Anonymous “Reflections” set inked it with black Memento ink on some of the flat areas, carefully put the cardstock into  the Sizzix “Mechanic” embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot.



I took an embossing pad and ran it over some of the raised areas (I really need the Embossing Dabber.) I heat set Distress Embossing Glaze in both Tattered Rose and Weathered Wood one at a time. I used some Ground Espresso Distress ink in a few spots to add contrast. The bad thing I tried was using Black which was too dare and looked bad. So now I knew where to place my tag!
Challenge the world is a sticker from TH Idea-ology Clipping Stickers  I stuck it to a scrap paper and glued it in place. after that I just used Distress Collage Medium to securely adhere the tag to the background, matted it and then adhered it to a cream card edged with a little Vintage Photo ink

That’s it  I still haven’t watched all the FB Live demos so I’m sure I’ll be trying more Tim Holtz techniques. Take some time and watch them, you’ll understand how to use your tools and product so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment