Monday, September 13, 2021

Stunning Snowflake die and Engraved embossing folder with Mica Stain Spray


These are Sizzix/Tim Holtz products from last year (2020), I just received the new Distress Mica Stain Sprays, this is Winterberry, a medium shimmery pink. 

I took the Sizzix/Tim Holtz "Engraved" 3D embossing foler and rubbed the top inside with "Spun Sugar" Distress Oxide. How do you know which side is the top? In the bottom corner it says "Tim Holtz Sizzix". You rub the ink pad all over the inside of the top, put a piece of cardstock inside and run it through the Big Shot. When you take the paper out, the ink will have been pushed into the recessed areas of the paper.


 Next I took a piece of Ranger/Tim Holtz Mixed Media Heavystock paper in white and cut it down to fit the Sizzix/Tim Holtz the larger die in the Stunning Snowflake set. I sprayed the paper with the Winterberry Distress Mica Stain. You can diecut first, spray second, but I think it's easier to get even coverage by just spraying the paper first. I diecut the smaller piece from white heavy cardstock, 110 lb. I didn't use the Mixed Media paper since I wasn't going to spray it with color. After diecutting the paper I used some Stickles in "Diamond" (I've had this forever, not even sure they still make it) and covered the white smaller piece for shine.

I ended up cutting another of the larger die again in regular pink cardstock just to layer it under the Mica sprayed piece for dimension.

I thought the layer could use a pink mat around it, and decided to cut another piece of white cardstock slightly larger and sprayed just the edge with the Winterberry Mica Stain. 

I attached a piece of gold thread to make it look like an ornament and taped the thread to the back of the Engraved panel and sandwiched the thread between that panel and the mat. I thought that was a bit nicer, if the recipient wants to keep the snowflake, it can easily be removed as it's not glued onto the panel, just the thread is holding it in place.

I couldn't decide if I should put a small sentiment onto the snowflake or just leave it as is, if you look at my Instagram post you'll see a few pics where I was trying to decide what looked best. You decide.

That's it for today.

If you want to see my Instagram account where I post many more cards, I'm Susanbcards on Instagram.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: