Friday, September 10, 2021

Sizzix/Tim Holtz Oak Leaf Impresslit




I wanted to use the new Sizzix Chapter 3 Tim Holtz 3D Oak Leaf Impresslit. The Impresslit cuts the shape and embosses the texture in one pass!
I inked up some Distress Mixed Media Heavystock paper using a combination of Distress Sprays, in the new Mica Stains in Flickering Candle and Jack o Lantern and the Oxides in Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin. I also inked up some browns and Rusty Hinge on some other sheets for some brown leaves. Using a Distress Ink cube in Gathered Twigs, I lightly ran it over the diecut leaves to highlight the veining.


I cut another piece of the Mixed Media Heavystock to 8 x 3 1/2 inches for a slimline card panel. I used yellows, oranges and a little browns- Distress inks and Distress Oxide Sprays on the panel.
 (NO MICAS YET).
I let this fully dry.

Next, I took stamps from my stash, Tim Holtz's "Pressed Foliage" and using a stamp platform and Distress Ground Espresso ink, I stamped the leaves onto the panel. The stamps have intricate veining so I inked it up a few times to be sure I got the detail. I quickly took clear embossing powder and poured it over the leaves while the ink was still wet and heat embossed it. 
 I wanted the stamped ink to be trapped under the clear powder so when I added more color or water it wouldn't wash away. Some of the powder stuck and some didn't when I tapped it off, and I had already removed the stamps from the platform so there was no way to restamp.
I took a paintbrush and added a little bit of the Spiced Pumpkin Distress ink to the stamped leaves just to darken them and have them stand out a bit. I wanted to add a bit of shine from the Distress Mica Sprays, so I spritzed a little more and added some water. Since the Distress ink is water reactive and the embossing powder didn't completely cover the stamped leaves, the ink washed out a bit, which I ended up liking in the end. 
I then took the script stamp from Tim Holtz's Poinsettia stamp set and randomly stamped it in Ground Espresso Archival ink just for some interest.

I wound some gold thread around the panel, glued 3 of the Oak leaves together, then using pop dots attached it. 

The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's Tiny Text.

I used some gold metallic paper to mat it, and attached it to a kraft cardstock card I made.


I hope you like it, I think it's important to use old products with new, the possibilities are endless.


You can find me on Instagram @susanbcards, where I post a new card almost daily.




 

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Thanks for sharing your process for making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely autumn card project, thanks for sharing the process and happy accidents! Such a stunning card, makes me happy. 🍁🍂🍁🌻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete