Monday, February 28, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Use at Least One Stencil!


It's the last Monday of February so that means it's my last week in the Designer Spotlight for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. It was a great honor to be included with such talented designers and I was challenged to use some things that were out of my comfort zone. Thank you to Lols and the blog team for allowing me some space on the Monday blog!

This week's challenge is "Use at Least One Stencil". A randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp!
You have 1 week to enter the challenge-please visit the blog (click on the image above) to read the details and enter there!


I used only 1 stencil for my card. As you can see from the photo below, the Simon Says Stamp Peony and Leaves stencil is quite large, approx. 6" x 9". When you have a big and beautiful stencil like this, you only need one!


I inked blended Distress Oxide inks in Wilted Violet, Salvaged Patina, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, and Picked Raspberry onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. I knew I'd be using ink, a bit of water and Gina K's Glitz Glitter Gel on this card front, so it's important to use a paper that can take it all without falling apart.

I took the inked paper and placed the stencil over it, on top of the stencil I placed a baby wipe. I ran this through my Big Shot, using a silicone embossing mat and the recommended sandwich for the machine. (I saw this on a Jennifer McGuire video.) The result is below, some of the areas are lighter, some of the colors mixed a bit. The image is also embossed into the paper. I liked it but thought it needed some shine!



I let the panel dry. I took the stencil and sprayed it with Pixie Spray. Pixie Spray is low tack and keeps the stencil in place, this is really important with a detailed stencil. The Pixie Spray washes off the stencil with soap and water.

I carefully repositioned the stencil onto the panel, it's easy to match up over the raised areas. Using a palette knife, I spread a thin layer of Glitz Glitter Gel over the entire card front. I immediately washed the stencil in a sink full of soapy water, rubbing off the glitter gel and the Pixie Spray while the card front dried.


I cut the Fancy For You die by Altenew 3 times and stacked them together. I pressed the diecut onto an embossing ink pad, poured clear embossing powder over it and heated it. Not really necessary but it's a nice detail. I adhered it to the panel and put a heavy book over it to be sure it dried in place. I attached the panel onto a white card.





Supply List with clickable links:




Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you take the time to visit the Simon Says Stamp Blog and see what the talented designers created, you won't be disappointed! I hope you enjoyed seeing my February challenge makes as much as I enjoyed creating them. Challenges are such a good way to get out of any creative ruts you may encounter.



                                                            Have a great week! 
                                                                    Susan
                                                    Susanbcards @Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment