Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Guest Designer!

 



I am very honored to be a Guest Designer on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog! I was a January Challenge Winner for "Out With the Old, In With the New". Their challenges are great fun and a randomly selected entrant gets a $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie Boutique, while the winner of the challenge is invited to be a Guest Designer. 


Today I'm sharing a home decor piece that started out as a card but continued to grow until it fit on the back of a Tim Holtz Vignette Box.


I took some Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and sprayed it with Distress Stains in Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and a bit of Ground Espresso.
This is the new Tim Holtz/Sizzix Woodgrain die, I think it's so cool, I wanted to use it on this project. I imagined a wooden planter, filled with flowers and leaves.
I made 3 of the panels, 2 for the horizontal planks, 1 cut to make the side planks and glued it together.

I cut another piece of Distress Heavy stock to 6"x11" and Sprayed it with Distress and Distress Oxides and then randomly stamped some script and florals in Hickory Smoke for some interest and texture.

I always have inked paper on hand, I throw them into a shoebox. I grabbed a bunch of colors I thought would look good for the flowers. I even had some of the new Distress ink in Saltwater Taffy (the flowers on the left). The dies are all Tim Holtz/Sizzix. After diecutting I used a shaping tool to give the flowers dimension. I think this makes a huge difference. The dragonfly, ladybug and the Impresslit butterfly were in my stash, ready to go. I've made it my New Year's resolution to use up all those extras!



That's it! I hope you like it. Please visit the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog, there's some great inspiration from the talented Design Team and enter the challenge!

Thank you to the Design Team for inviting me as a Guest! And thank you for looking at my project. It was such fun to make.

I'm also on Instagram @susanbcards where I post several times a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment