Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Spellbinders Nichols Needlework


Spellbinders has a huge release for July! Of course it's the start of Christmas in July for all the people who like to prepare for the biggest cardmaking season of all.

"Nichol's Needlework" is my favorite collection, you can see the entire release if you click HERE

For my first card, I used the "Gathering Stitches" dieset. It's the embroidery hoop, dotted "fabric", rainbow and flowers, a nice everyday dieset. This set is the only one from the collection that includes the embroidery hoop dieset. 

The hoop is very easy to put together, the frame and "fabric" is one die that cuts 2 pieces. I cut it once from white cardstock and once from kraft cardstock. I used both the white and kraft cardstock hoops and glued them together. The kraft is on top to look like wood. I used a bit of Gathered Twigs Distress ink on the edges.

I only used the white "fabric" diecut because I wanted the hoop to stand above it. I cut the "metal" part of the hoop from metallic cardstock once and once from kraft cardstock just for dimension.

The rainbow die is one piece, so I cut it from white cardstock and used Distress inks to color each of the arches on the piece. The "stitching" on the rainbow is on one die so I also colored these with Distress inks.

The "Needleworker Tool Set" includes the dies to cut the thread, spools, needle and scissors. TOO CUTE! Putting these 2 sets together really makes it fun. I used everything but the scissors for my card, there wasn't enough room on this card but I used it on another card.

The sentiment is stamped and embossed with the "Nichols Needlework Sentiment Stamps". This set has some Christmas sentiments and a fall sentiment, and the one I used which is nice for a thank you note or friendship card.

Here's a Christmas card I made with the "Faux Embroidered Stockings" dieset, the "Gathering Stitches" set, the "Needleworker Tool Set" and the stamped sentiments.


My next card uses the "Faux Embroidered Spruce" dieset. I love this Christmas tree! The tree itself is 2 main pieces, the branch part of the tree and the bark part of the tree. There's another die to cut additional branches. I cut the ornaments and star from red foil and gold foil scraps.




I haven't used the "Faux embroidered Pumpkins" yet, I will soon.

There is also an precut wood hoop FRAME set, which you can use as a frame or ornament. It's made of lightweight wood.This would be cute for Christmas ornaments. I'd put a cardstock backing onto it.

Supplies used with direct links to 3 stores, Spellbinders store, Scrapbookcom, Simon Says Stamp, you choose which is best for you. Using my link gives me a small commission on your purchase, at NO additional cost to you. It is to let the stores and me know you find my cards inspirational and let me continue providing content. Thank you!

Below are the photos of each set, I'm just going to link the entire collection at Spellbinders and SSS since I really think it's worth looking at the whole thing together. Scrapbookcom didn't group the collection together on their site, so I'll just link each set.

Nichols Needlework Collection at SpellbindersStore:

Nichols Needlework Collection at Simon Says Stamp:


                            Gathering Stitches Dieset

No comments:

Post a Comment