Today I'm sharing a tutorial for a slider card using the Spellbinders August Press + Foil Club called Boo Humbug.
On heavy black cardstock, I used a sentiment die to cut a channel for my slider strip. I wasn't quite long enough so I had to cut it once, then move it over to cut it again. The channel has to be long enough to fit the sentiment. I also didn't want the ghost to go off the right side of the card when it was moved over, so I stopped the channel there.
I then positioned where I wanted the foiled ghost to be and taped it in place. I placed it on the Glimmer machine and put the holographic hot foil between the plate and card, with the pretty side facing the plate.
After I hot foiled the ghost, I used the plate to make a quick outline on some scrap paper. I cut it out to make a mask to place over the foiled ghost. I wanted to spray some Distress Mica Spray Stains onto the background but didn't want it to get on the ghost. I used Distress Mica Spray Stains in Hocus Pocus (purple), Burning Ember (orange) and Flickering Candle (yellow). Let it dry thouroughly! I smeared mine a bit.
I used some black fun foam to pop up the panel. I just cut it to fit, leaving a space for the slider strip to move freely but not jiggle. I buy fun foam sheets from Michaels, they are less than $2. You can also buy adhesive sheets to fit A2 cards, but that is much more expensive. I cut a tiny piece of fun foam and adhered it to the left edge of the channel, this will stop the strip from moving off the card on the left side.
I hot foiled the sentiment, Boo Humbug on a small piece of black cardstock. I positioned it under the panel on a black card, flipped it over and put glue down. If you leave it face down on the table and take the card and place that on top, you should get it in the right spot. I thought this was much easier than trying to hot foil the sentiment onto the card itself. Positioning it just right so it can be seen is hard.
Next, I adhered the panel to the card. Everything was in place! I put the slider strip in place, then put a foam pop dot behind the diecut ghost, be sure it doesn't cover the sentiment when it's fully open on the right. I can't remember where I got the foam dots, maybe Amazon?
I trimmed down the slider strip so that it still showed on the right side of the card but wasn't TOO long. That's it! Supplies are listed below.
You can learn more about the Spellbinders Clubs and the benefits of membership by clicking HERE. Remember, you can join for one month and cancel anytime after that and still receive the discounted price!
Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it really helps and encourages me to continue providing creative content.
Here's the August All-Clubs Crate Bonus Items, the cat dieset, a monster face dieset and a fun pack of colored cardstock:

---- https://tinyurl.com/b6jdue49 [Spellbinders]
Press + Foil Plate (includes foil)

---- https://tinyurl.com/3w577dtz [Spellbinders]
Glimmer Hot Foil
Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:
Thank you for visiting!
I can also be found on
No comments:
Post a Comment