Monday, August 10, 2026

Spellbinders August Embossing Folder and Large Die of the Month

 
This card has an embossing folder technique I like, a piece of metallic cardstock, embossed, with black acrylic paint rubbed over the top to give the embossing definition. 

I used the Spellbinders August Embossing Folder and the Large Die of the Month, plus the leaves from an older set, I'll list it under my supply list.

You can learn more about the Spellbinders Clubs and the benefits of membership by clicking HERE. Remember, you can join for one month and cancel anytime after that and still receive the discounted price!

I put a small amount of black acrylic paint over the panel, using a paper towel, I spread it around. Then I take a damp paper towel and remove most of the paint. It highlights the faces and gives it an aged, less shiny look. You could also do this with a black acrylic crayon but it would mean rubbing it over each face, it's quicker with the black paint. Plus the acrylic paint I use is the cheap kind in bottles from Michaels or any craft store. It's definitely less than $2.


For the jack-o-lantern and leaves, I took a piece of black mixed media cardstock and with a blending tool, I put some Ranger Lunar Pastes down. I like the pastes make the shapes glow. I placed a piece of black glitter cardstock behind the face, I liked the spooky shine. I used some fun foam to pop up the jack-o-lantern. I added a few branches from another old set, Autumn Greeting Wreath.





Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it really helps and encourages me to continue providing creative content.

                    Embossing Folder of the Month

----  https://tinyurl.com/45eak2nm  [Spellbinders]

Large Die
----  https://tinyurl.com/2ayrr2yt  [Spellbinders]


Envelope of Wonder (Autumn Wonder)
----  Link to Bundle Only  [Spellbinders]


Autumn Greetings Wreath
----  https://tinyurl.com/y6wfzxs6  [Spellbinders]


Lunar Pastes
----  http://shrsl.com/4wvbw    [Scrapbookcom]
----  http://shrsl.com/4ty31  [Simon Says Stamp]


Mixed Media Cardstock
----  http://shrsl.com/4tw90  [Scrapbookcom]

Blending Tool


----  http://shrsl.com/4q3nt  [Simon Says Stamp]
----  http://shrsl.com/4q3nv  [Scrapbookcom]

Here's the August All-Clubs Crate Bonus Items, the cat dieset, a monster face dieset and a fun pack of colored cardstock:
----  https://tinyurl.com/b6jdue49  [Spellbinders]

3D Embossing Folder
----  https://tinyurl.com/ecp9dt38  [Spellbinders]


Small Die of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/2hd97nuh  [Spellbinders]

Press + Foil Plate (includes foil)
----  https://tinyurl.com/3w577dtz  [Spellbinders]

Stitching Die
----  https://tinyurl.com/2rff66vy  [Spellbinders]

Stencil of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/bdcw3syt  [Spellbinders]

Clear Stamp of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/4dzs5upj  [Spellbinders]

Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:




Thank you for visiting!
I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards









                                                








No comments:

Post a Comment