Saturday, June 3, 2023

Woodgrain paper from Your Paper Insider


Today's card is using this very cool Birch Wood Paper from Your Paper Insider and painted using the Altenew Watercolors. The flower is Altenew's Water Lily.

Here is the Birch Wood paper I used for the card. It is a very thinwood veneer adhered to a piece of thin adhesive paper. I cut it to 5.5" x 5.5". There's a matching envelope in the box, I wish I thought of cutting the paper to 5"x5", the size of the envelope! Next time.

Your Paper Insider sent me Box 3 of their subscription paper collection. 4x a year they send out a box of 20+  papers.for $29.95 which INCLUDES shipping! That is a very good price. Box 3 had 25 pieces of paper (2 were envelopes) and 22 were different kinds of paper. I don't know if you've ever gone to a big box store and bought single sheets of specialty paper, but they often cost $1 or more a sheet.

Here is a quick video of how I made the card.

 


I did a quick watercolor wash over the paper using different shades of blue. I really like the Altenew watercolors, they are highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I wanted the wood grain to show through as it looked like water ripples. I took some metallic watercolors and splattered the paper.

I diecut the pieces of the Altenew Water Lily. If you watch the video you can see how the die cuts out a small keyhole and a arrow. These are to help layer the petals properly. This makes it so easy to get proper placement! I used a light pink cardstock to diecut the pieces and then went with shades of pink Copic markers to color each piece. It wasn't difficult, I just knew I wanted varying shades. After the water lily was assembled, I covered it with Wink of Stella to make it shimmer.

For the lily pad leaves, I just took a piece of already inked green paper and cut out the shapes. It really makes it easy if you spend some time just prepping backgrounds and throw them into a box.



I

Below are my affilitate links. If you find my cards and information useful, it would be great if you would use them to purchase any products. Companies sometimes send me products they would like me to use on my projects. I only use them if I think they are good. I purchase everything else. 

For this project, I really thought the Your Paper Insider box was a good value if you enjoy specialty papers. Go to their site if you want to see more of what is included in the box. If you purchase a box, I get a small commission from it at no additional cost to you.

Click on any of the images below to see the products:





(Also available at Altenew click here)



Be sure to check out the coupons on Scrapbookcom, there's often a GWP!



Thank you for looking! I post several times a week on Instagram @Susanbcards











No comments:

Post a Comment